Smart lights are a convenient and energy-efficient way to add ambiance and automation to your home.
However, sometimes they can be frustrating to set up, especially when they won’t connect to your Wi-Fi network.
If you’re having trouble getting your smart lights to connect, you’re not alone.
How to set up and install the Smart Lights?
To set up and install the smart lights, follow these steps:
- Screw the light into a socket and turn it on. The light should start flashing, which means it’s in pairing mode and ready to be set up.
- If the light is not flashing, turn it on for one second and off for one second, three times in a row. When the light starts flashing quickly, it’s ready to set up.
- Open the smart app for the smart lights connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, and follow the instructions in the app.
How to connect my Smart Light to Wi-Fi?
To connect your smart light to Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Wi-Fi network is a 2.4 GHz network. The Smart Wi-Fi Light won’t work with a 5 GHz network. Also, check that your phone isn’t using a VPN app in the background.
- Test your Wi-Fi network with other devices, like your phone, to make sure it’s working properly and has strong coverage.
- The Wi-Fi connection might not be strong during set up. You might need to improve your Wi-Fi network coverage by getting a new router or adding a range extender.
- Your Wi-Fi network password is case sensitive, so make sure you type it in correctly.
- The light needs to be flashing quickly to connect. If it’s not flashing quickly, turn the light on for one second and off for one second, three times in a row. When the light is flashing quickly, it’s ready to set up.
How do you fix an unresponsive Smart Light?
If your smart light bulb isn’t working or if Alexa can’t find it, you can try resetting your device.
To reset your smart light bulb, go to the manufacturer‘s app or website and follow the instructions for resetting your specific device.
In the Alexa app, reconnect your smart home device to Alexa by following these steps:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap “Smart Home” in the menu.
- Tap the plus sign icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reconnect your device to Alexa.
- Turn on the bulb.
How do I get 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi?
To set up a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address.
- Log in with your username and password. The default username is usually “admin” and the default password is either “blank” or “admin”.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Click Network Settings.
- Enable the 2.4 GHz band.
How do I schedule a specific color or brightness level using Smart Wi-Fi lights?
With Smart Scenes and Automations, you can set a scene with a particular color or brightness level for a device or group of devices, and schedule when these settings should be applied.
How do I create a wake-up timer?
You can use Smart Scenes and Automation to schedule Smart Wi-Fi devices to turn on at a specific time with pre-set light intensity levels and other settings.
Alternatively, you can also use Google or Alexa Routines to set up these devices using their respective voice assistant applications.
Is it possible to turn the Smart Wi-Fi bulb on or off using a light switch?
It is not recommended to use wall switches to turn off the bulb, as this may lead to compatibility issues or reset the bulb to its factory settings.
If my Smart Wi-Fi bulb is not changing color, what could be the issue?
First, confirm that the Smart Wi-Fi light is capable of changing color.
Then, check the color picker screen in the app to ensure that the saturation slider at the bottom is set to 100%.
On older smart phone models, you may need to scroll down on the screen to locate the saturation setting.
Are smart lights Bluetooth or Wi-Fi?
While most smart light bulbs require Wi-Fi to function, many also have backup
Bluetooth technology which allows the lights to continue working in the event that the Wi-Fi connection is lost.
Why is my Smart Light bulb offline?
If your smart light bulb is offline, it could be due to a loss of power or a lack of internet connection.
Make sure the bulb is receiving power and that it is connected to the internet.
If the problem persists, it may be necessary to reset the bulb or troubleshoot any potential issues with your home network.
Smart lights can be a great addition to your home, providing energy-efficient ambiance and automation.
However, getting them set up and connected to your Wi-Fi network can sometimes be a challenge.
To set up and install your smart lights, start by screwing the light into a socket and turning it on.
If the light is not flashing, turn it on and off three times in a row.
When it starts flashing quickly, it’s ready for set up.
Then, follow the instructions in the smart app for the smart lights, which should be connected to a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.