Are you having trouble finding the ePrint icon on your HP printer?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Many people have difficulty locating it, especially if they are new to HP printers.
In this blog post, we will show you where the ePrint icon is located on your HP printer and how to print using ePrint.
What does the HP ePrint icon look like?
HP ePrint allows you to print documents by emailing them to the printer’s email address. HP ePrint uses a cloud-based printing that sends your documents directly to the printer without the need for a direct connection or installation of the printer’s drivers.
The HP eprint icon is made up of a mobile device, half a document with the Wi-Fi signals indicating wireless printing.
How to register my HP printer for ePrint?
Step 1: Enable Web Services
HP Enterprise printers
To configure an HP Enterprise printer, you will need the administrator password for the Embedded Web Server.
- First, you will need to find the printer IP address. On the control panel home screen, tap on the Information > Ethernet to display the IP address or host name.
- Open a web browser and type in the IP address or host name of the printer in the address line.
- Press Enter and the EWS should open. If your web browser displays a message that opening the website might not be safe, select the option to continue as accessing this website will not harm your computer.
- If the only tab available is Information on your EWS, you must sign in with the administrator password.
- Select the HP Web Services tab and then the Enable Web Services button.
- Check the Enable HP ePrint box and Apply.
- To register your printer with HP Connected, you will need the printer claim code. The printer claim code is located on the HP Web Services tab.
HP LaserJet Pro printers (touchscreen control panel with white background)
For printers with a touchscreen control panel and white display background, follow these steps:
- From the printer control panel, swipe the tab at the top down to open the Dashboard and then tap the HP ePrint icon.
- On the HP ePrint screen tap on touch Setup.
- Find the printer claim code on the printed information page. You will need the printer claim code to register the printer with HP Connected.
HP LaserJet Pro printers (touchscreen control panel with black background)
For printers with a touchscreen control panel and black display background, follow these steps:
- on the printer control panel, tap on Connection Information.
- Open the following menus: ePrint, Settings, and Enable Web Services.
- The printer will print an information page when Web Services is enabled.
- Find the printer claim code on the printed information page. Use the printer claim code in the next step to register the printer with HP Connected.
HP LaserJet Pro printers (2-line LCD control panel)
If your printer has a 2-line LCD control panel with physical buttons to press, follow these steps:
If you have set an administrator password for the Embedded Web Server (EWS), you will need that password to sign in to the EWS.
1. On the control panel, press the OK.
2. Depending on your printer model, find your printer IP address by:
- Opening the Network Setup menu > Show IP Address.
- Or, select Setup > Network Setup > General Settings > Show the IP Address and then Yes.
3. Open a web browser and type in the IP address or hostname of your printer. Press the enter key and it should open EWS. If the web browser displays a message about not being safe, ignore it and continue to the website.
4. If the Information tab is all that appears in the EWS, you must sign in to your account to access other tabs and settings. Click on Sign In and then sign in with the administrator password.
5. Depending on your printer model, enable web services using one of the following methods:
- Select HP Web Services tab > Enable.
The printer will print an information page when Web Services are enabled. This information page will have the printer claim code you will need to register the printer with HP Connected.
Step 2: Create an account
To use ePrint, you must register your printer with HP Connected. This process will give you an email address that is unique to your specific printer.
- Head over to HP Connected to create an account.
- Accept Cookies to continue. You can select Cookie Settings to adjust cookie preferences before accepting.
- Type the printer claim code and select Add.
- An email address will be generated and displayed above the printer.
To customize the email address, click the + next to ePrint Address and then type in a new email address and select Submit.
To view the updated email address for HP LaserJet Pro printers, open Setup > HP Web Services > Display E-mail address.
How to ePrint with HP printer?
To ePrint with HP printer:
- You can use your printer’s unique email address to send print jobs to your printer from any device or computer. To do this, you’ll need to enable Web Services on your printer and link it to HP Smart.
- Create a new email message and add any attachments that you would like to print. You can attach up to 10MB of files.
- Type your ePrint email address in the To: field and any additional email addresses in the CC: field.
- Send the email. Your email will now be printed.
You can choose a personalized ePrint address for your printer. To do this, you need to log in to your HP Smart account and go on the ePrint Address section of your printer’s Settings page.
Why has my printer icon disappeared on Windows?
If your printer icon is not in the Windows taskbar, try restarting your computer. If you still can’t see your printer icon in the taskbar, try:
- Windows 10: Right-click Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer > Printing Preferences.
- Click the on Utility tab and then click on Monitoring Preferences.
- Click the checkbox that adds the shortcut icon to the taskbar.
- Click OK to finish.
Why has my printer icon disappeared on my Mac?
If your printer icon is not in the dock, you will need to:
- First open System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Drag and drop the printer icon from the list to your Dock. The printer icon should appear in your Dock.
- You can close the System Preferences window.
How do I ePrint with HP printer?
To ePrint with an HP printer follow these simple steps:
- You can set up your printer to send and receive emails by turning on Web Services and linking your printer to HP Smart.
- Create a new email message. You can attach up to 10MB of documents to print. If you need to print an email from someone else, open the email and select Forward.
- In the “To” field, enter the email address for your ePrint account. In the “CC” field, enter any additional email addresses you would like to receive a copy of the print job.
- Click the send button and your email will be printed.
You can also choose a personalized ePrint address for your printer.
To do this, log in to your HP Smart account and go to the ePrint Address section on your printer’s Settings page.
Does a wireless printer need to be connected to a computer?
A wireless printer only needs to be plugged into a power source for it to work. It uses Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to communicate with the computer or network.
Why is my computer not connecting to my wireless printer?
There are several reasons why your computer might not connect to your printer. First, check to see if the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
Another reason can be your computer’s firewall blocking the printer. You can adjust your firewall settings to allow your printer to be connected to your computer.
If you want to use the printer shared on a different computer in your home, make sure that settings are correct and then try again.
Are wireless printers easy to set up?
Depending on the brand and model of your printer, setting them up to connect wirelessly is a simple process. The instructions are easy to follow and you can progress one step at a time.
If you don’t set up the wireless connection during startup, it is possible to set it up later on.
HP ePrint is a convenient and easy-to-use printing solution that can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.
If you are looking for a reliable, cloud-based printing option, HP ePrint is a perfect choice.
Without having to connect your device to the printer directly, HP ePrint makes printing simple and hassle-free.