If you’re among the many people who use a HP printer at home, you may be wondering where the paper goes. Printers can be confusing, and it’s not always clear where everything goes. Fortunately, we’re here to help.
In this blog post, we’ll explain where the paper goes in a HP printer and how to properly load it. So keep reading for all the details!
Where does the paper go in a HP Deskjet printer?
To load plain paper in a HP Deskjet printer:
- Lift up the input tray and then lower the output tray.
- Under the output tray, pull out the tray extender.
- Load a stack of plain white paper into the input tray.
- Slide the guide inwards until it sits flush against the edges of the paper. You don’t want them too snug.
Where does the photo paper go in a HP printer?
To load photo paper in a HP printer:
- Raise the input tray and then lower the output tray.
- Pull out the tray extender that is under the output tray.
- Load a stack of photo paper into the input tray.
- Slide the width guide inwards until it sits against the edge of the paper.
If you’re finished printing, make sure to take out any photo paper from the input tray. Leaving the paper in the tray might cause it to deteriorate in quality. Store photo paper in a sealed bag and keep it in a cool, dark place.
Where does the envelopes go in a HP printer?
You can put more than one envelope in the tray, but don’t put more than five at a time. Don’t use shiny or embossed envelopes or envelopes with clasps or windows.
To load envelopes in a HP printer:
- Life up the input tray.
- Slide the guide all the way to the left.
- Load the envelopes into the far-right side of the input tray. The side of the paper to be printed on should be facing up, and the flap should be on the left, facing down.
- Slide the guide to the right until it sits flush with the sides of the envelopes.
- Lower the output tray.
- Pull out the tray extender.
Where does the paper go in a Hp envy printer?
To load paper in a HP envy printer:
- Open the paper tray.
- Slide out the guides.
- Load paper into the tray.
- Adjust the guides and close the tray.
In order to install paper in a HP printer, you will need to locate the printer’s paper tray. The tray is usually found along the bottom of the printer and has a small notch on the face of it that can be pulled out in order to insert the paper.
The tray also has a guide that can be adjusted to fit your preferred paper size.
Keep in mind the printer’s recommended paper capacity when loading it with paper – an overstuffed tray can lead to jams. Close up the tray and start printing when you have adjusted the guide to the appropriate length.
If you’re not sure about the printer’s paper capacity, you can always check the manufacturer’s website.