If you are looking for the best projectors under $250, this blog post is perfect for you.
We have compiled a list of what we think are the top 5 contenders in this price range so that you can easily compare them and decide which one is best suited to your needs.
Best Projector Under $250 Top Picks
With a native display of 1920 x 1080, this projector is highly recommended to people who need a full HD resolution projector in small dimensions. And because it is 5G, it can easily connect with many devices. Equipped with three cooling fans, the projector does not get hot so easily; you can use it for long periods.
- High Resolution – the default resolution is 1080p; it can support 4K to provide you with better and clearer images. It works great even for outdoor events.
- WiFi – you can connect your devices to the projector over WiFi. It also has Bluetooth 5.0, making it easy and convenient to connect your tablet or phone without wires. There is no need to get cables and adapters if you want to screencast your mobile device.
- Presentation Modes – you can use a USB to project presentations. It can read Microsoft Office programs like Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. You can also project PDFs directly from the USB.
- Speakers – the projector has built-in speakers that have high-quality HI-FI properties. In addition, the speakers provide theatre-like sound, making your viewing experience a pleasure.
What you will love about the projector is that 150,000 hours of lamplight. It means that it can last a decade without needing a replacement. Several ports like HDMI, AV, USB, and others are also available. You can also use sticks to connect it to DVD players and gaming consoles if you want.
- Good picture quality
- Good audio with built-in speaker
- Compact size
- 4D keystrokes work great in Desktop Front mode
- Fan is not too noisy
- Bluetooth connectivity issues with external speakers
- 4D keystrokes not good at side view mode little blurry on corners
Groview is one that I recommend to people looking for a mini projector. It is not great for the office, but it works excellent for home use. Its resolution is only 1280 by 720, and the contrast ratio is 6000:1. Although the screen is not that big, it offers a large projection distance, which means you can use it in open air like in your garden.
- Wireless Connection – the projector is 5G-ready with 2.5G dual-band wireless connection. As such, you can connect your phone and tablet without the need for extra cables. Once connected, the projected will simply mirror your device’s screen.
- Native 1080p – despite having a low contrast ratio and default resolution, it is still capable of displaying 1080p resolution. It also supports 4K videos. Of course, the output is not as good as full 4K projectors, but this one does not disappoint.
- Speakers – the projector has built-in HI-FI speakers that provide excellent sound even if you are outdoors. It also has cooling systems that prevent it from overheating.
- Multiple Interfaces – you will love that this projector; despite being small, it has 2 HDMI ports and provisions for other connection types. It has two USB ports, VGA, and AV connectors.
With this projector, you can connect consoles, PCs, USBs, music players, and other data sources. It comes with two years of support. If you are looking for an affordable mini projector, then this one is the answer.
- Great picture quality
- Has all the popular input modes, HDMI, AV, VGA, USB and Screen Mirroring
- Speaker is loud
- Works well for gaming
- Fan noise is noticeable
- The remote does not come with batteries
- Bulky design
- Ports at the back are too close together, can be a hassle for large wires
This projector is fast and stable, and it also sports WiFi and Bluetooth connections. It is a portable projector best for syncing your phone or tablet if you are outdoors. It has a smooth transfer of data from the device to the screen and minor to no lag.
- 1080p – the native resolution of the projector is 1080p with a contrast ratio of 10,000:1. It can project high-quality output with a brightness of 9,000L. You can also play 4K videos here and maintain a good aspect ratio without affecting the output.
- Connectivity – connect your devices with 5G at 2.4g speed. It also has a Bluetooth connection, so you can use Bluetooth as the default if WiFi is not available. In addition, the Bluetooth technology it uses is bidirectional, which means you can expect fast video streaming experience.
- Stereo System – the projector comes with built-in dual speakers. It uses the SRS sound system, and you no longer need external speakers to watch a movie.
- Zoom Function – you can zoom the projected output between 50% and 100% via remote. There is also a manual control in the equipment.
You will be pleased that it has a wide range of compatibility. The projector has several ports. It has HDMI, USB, VGA and SD cards. So, you can connect your laptops, tablets, consoles and many other types of devices. It can also play files from a USB stick, and you do not need a computer to run the movie from the USB at all.
- Great picture quality
- Easy to setup
- Adjustable Zoom
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Build quality feels on the cheaper side
Vamvo is quite large, but it does offer capabilities that might surprise you. For one, it has touch-sensitive buttons that many projectors do not have. It is suitable for outdoor use, and but it works better in a dark room.
- 1080p Resolution – this is the default native resolution of the projector, and it has a contrast ratio of 8000:1. As such, it can make images four times more vivid than regular projectors that only play at 720p.
- Bright Projection – it has 5,000L for brightness and uses an LED that can deliver bright and crisp images. You can expect the screen to be 80% brighter and 50% sharper.
- Lamp Life – the lamp can last up to 50,000 hours. You can use the projector for more than a decade without the need to replace it.
- Connection Options – you can connect devices through different ports. It has VGA, HDMI, and USB. There is also a micro-SD card slot and an audio out for 3.5mm jacks.
The projector does not have WiFi, so you cannot connect mobile devices and tablets. But with the USB, there are many other devices you can plug, like gaming consoles and the Amazon Fire TV.
It has a built-in cooling system so it will not overheat. You can also enjoy a 90-day money-back guarantee plus two years of factory warranty. In addition, the customer support or service is free for life.
- Affordable price
- Not too heavy
- Carrying case included
- Suitable for gaming
- Sound quality are decent
- Fan noise can be noticeable
- It gets warm after long usage
The DBPOWER is an excellent projector for beginners. The contrast ratio is 3500:1, and it uses LCD, not LED. However, it does have advanced LED light sources built into it.
- 720p Resolution – its native resolution is 1280 x 720p, but it supports 1080p input. As such, it is ideal for indoor use and only in the dark. I do not recommend this for office presentations like PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products.
- Wireless Sync – although it is not 5G, it does have a WiFi connection. You can sync your smartphone and use the projector for mirroring what is on your device. It also has a port for USB cables. There is no need to buy HDMI adapters to sync your mobile devices.
- Big Display – you can project up to 200 inches with this projector. Although it is not short throw, it only needs four feet of distance from the wall to get this big image.
I like that the projector comes with speakers that can produce booming sounds. The audio is crystal clear, but if you want to use a speaker, it has a 3.5mm audio output.
I recommend this for home use with three years of warranty but not for the office. It is also compatible with many movie devices like the Amazon Fire TV Stick and other TV boxes.
- Great picture quality
- Easy to use
- Budget friendly
- Remote control often has to be within feet of the projector to work
- Warranty is not the best
What Features Should you look for in a Projector Under 250? – Buyer’s Guide
The aspect ratio of a projector is the ratio between how wide it is compared to how tall it is. For example, if the projection has an aspect ratio of 4:3, then the image will be more square. If the projection has an aspect ratio of 16:9, then the image will be more rectangular. The three most common video projector aspect ratios are 4:3, 16:10, and 16:9. Which is best for you? This will depend on what you plan to project.
Brightness and Lumens
To ensure the best quality, it is important to have a projector with enough lumens. If you’re looking for a projector that will work well in both your home theater and classroom, we recommend choosing one with at least 1500 lumens. For situations where there’s more light than needed – like an office or conference room with lots of windows, 2500 lumens may be better because it’ll still provide good image quality while reducing glare.
Weight and Size
If you need a device that can project content on the go, then portability is key. The best projectors under $250 are lightweight and small enough to fit in your bag or briefcase without taking too much space. While some people want their home theater to be stationary, if you’re one of those who plan on moving around often or traveling with your projector frequently then this may not work out well. It would probably make more sense to purchase the projectors that cost less than $250.
Mini projectors priced under $250 should have the ability to connect with multiple media sources such as VGA, HDMI, and DVI. If you’re looking for a model that can work with your current setup, the models on our list will have at least one USB or HDMI port. However, the more expensive units come equipped with more of both types so there’s no need to worry about connectivity issues. Some models also have built-in speakers for a more immersive experience or smart features like Alexa compatibility that can turn your projector into an all-in-one home theater system.
To get the best picture from a projector, you need to have a lot of pixels. The more pixels there are, the better the details will be. The most basic projector has 720 pixels, which is not as good as some other projectors but it is still pretty good if you’re on a budget. The most common type of projector is full HD 1080p, but the modern standard is 4K. You should buy a 4K projector if you are looking to watch movies.
The contrast ratio is the difference between light and dark on a screen. If you measure the luminosity between the brightest white and the darkest black, then you will get this number. For example, if the ratio is 1000:1, the brightest white is 1000x brighter than the darkest black. High contrast ratio means that the projected image will be very clear. If there is not enough of a difference between white and black colors then it will be hard to see detailed content on screen. This is especially important for people watching movies in their home theater because they might not be able to see the images if there is too much outside light.
The lamp life is a very important specification on a projector. This tells you how many hours your projector’s lamps will last before you need to replace them. The more hours, the longer they will last and the cheaper it will be in the long run.
There are 3 main types of chipsets in digital projection technology. They are DLP, LCD, and LCoS. Each type of chipset is capable of producing quality images but they each have different qualities and have their own advantages. The best chipset will depend on what you want from your projector.
Is the battery in your projector going to die in the middle of a movie? You should look for a projector that will last for six hours. If it lasts for six hours, you can watch one or two movies and still have time left over before the battery dies.
There are projectors that do not need to be connected to a computer. You can use your tablet or mobile device instead. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth make this possible. The Wi-Fi feature on the projector allows you to control it from anywhere in your house. You can set the video mode, sound, image quality, and more.
Can you watch Netflix on a projector?
Now you can watch your favorite Netflix shows and movies on the big screen in true HD! Just connect a compatible device to the projector via an HDMI connection or WiFi, then fire it up.
Can a projector be used in daylight?
If you want to project your screen during the day, there are a few things that can help. You’ll want to find a projector with at least 2,500 lumens or lux of brightness. Set up your projector in a shadier location to achieve the best video quality and brightest projected image.
How many lumens do I need for an outdoor projector?
The best way to enjoy a quality movie outdoors is with an outdoor projector. For optimal results, make sure that the lamp has at least 2 500 lumens or lux of brightness and isn’t too far away from where you’ll be sitting.
How do I know what size projector screen to buy?
Projector screens come in a variety of sizes; it’s important to choose the right size for your particular projector and its aspect ratio. If you find that fixed or retractable frames work best down the line, then this is something worth considering.
What is the difference between a projector and a television?
It’s a no-brainer that TVs will always come out ahead in any comparison. The ideal projector setup is a completely dark room, wall-sized screen, and strategically placed furniture. The equipment can be expensive but it’s worth the investment for optimized picture quality and sound effects.
How long does a projector lamp last?
The lifespan of a projector lamp is different depending on the type of materials and how well it was made. The range is from 6,000 hours to 30,000+ hours. This means that if you watch something for six hours a day, in three and a half years it will be time to get a new one. It is important to take care of the projector. It should not be dropped or bumped up against a wall. You should clean it regularly and turn off the equipment when you are not using it. This will make your lamp last longer.
While we can’t make the decision for you, we hope this list has helped give you some guidance on which model might be best suited to your needs.
With these five models in mind, take a look at our reviews and find what suits you.