We all love our babies, and we want to give them the best comfort that we can afford. We also want to ensure that we know what they are going through.
This is why there are baby monitors in the market. This time, technology has allowed developers to make a cot that has a “smart” feature.
It is called the SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot. What I want to find out is whether this is a valuable addition to your baby furniture or if it is only a waste of money.
In this SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot Review, I will give you a rundown of what it is. Then, you can decide whether this product is for you or not.
What is the SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot?
The SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot is actually a bassinet. No, it is not a crib, but it looks like one. However, it is more than just a sleeping cot. It is powered by electronics, and it has an algorithm that detects what your baby is doing.
On top of that, it has features where it does what a human would typically do to pacify a baby. It plays sounds and it swings on its own.
The bassinet is not just a gadget, but it is also a comfortable place for your baby to sleep in. It has breathable mesh walls. It also has several levels of sound that you can play, plus several types of motion that will help the baby go to sleep.
Here is an overview of the product:
- It is a sleeping cot that swings
- Can play sounds and motion
- Has algorithm that detects baby movement
- Has a quiet motor that facilitates the movement
- The mattress has mattress-resistant cover
- Size is 81.9 x 48.3 x 90.8 centimetres
Essentially, it is an automated baby rocket. Once you put your baby in there, you no longer have to be present the whole time. Just press a button and it will do its job.
SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot Features
First, what is in the box? If you buy the product, you will get the baby rocker and the electronic component.
You will also get the following:
- 3 white SNOO sacks; are made from organic cotton
- The SMART Sleeper or cot
- SNOO sheets made with organic cotton
- A mattress
- A cover for the mattress that is waterproof
Now, let us take the time to see what the features are. From here, we can begin to decide if we need this baby rocker or not.
Access to sleep experts
This feature is free. You will have access to sleep consultants. This is great, considering that your baby may have sleeping problems. And since it is free, you no longer have to pay extra money to baby specialists for consultation. The consultants are available 7 days a week for 1 year.
There is an app that you can download on your device. This device connects with your SNOO bassinet. If it detects movement, you will see the notification on your app.
With the app, you can remotely control the sound that the bassinet makes. This sound is called white noise. You can also track your baby’s sleep patterns. You also have the choice to choose how to see the report—you can do weekly, monthly, and daily.
It is up to you to choose the kind of swinging that the bassinet will do. There are five settings with the “rocking” movement.
You can also choose which white noise to play with for the baby to go to sleep. Overall, there are five types of music or white noise that you can choose from.
The design was really well thought of. If you take a look, the product itself has a wall that is made of mesh. It protects the baby from falling, but it is made in such a way that the air can still flow.
The product is offered with a limited 1-year warranty. With this product, you have a guarantee for parts or replacement if the product you got is defective, or if some of the functionalities are not working.
Now that we saw all these features, let us ask ourselves what benefits we get from them. More importantly, what is in it for the baby?
- Added Sleep – the baby will get up to 2 hours of sleep per night; it is because of the rhythm of the bassinet that mimics the womb of the mother.
- Added Safety – the bassinet allows you to swaddle the baby to keep it in the proper position when sleeping. The baby will not roll in an unsafe position.
- Calm Fussing – the baby cot will act on its own if the baby starts fussing. It will rock and also play a sound if it detects that the baby is moving or crying. Tests show that the baby will calm down in less than a minute.
- Responsive App – the cot will automatically respond to your baby’s actions. If it detects fussing, the cot will respond.
- Mobile App – you are in control of the settings, and you will have access to a sleep report. The app will also give you access to regular tips from Dr Karp.
- Natural sleep trainer – this trains your baby to sleep on its own. It is part of the weaning process. The baby will learn how to self-soothe. As such, the baby will be partly independent, with no dependency on you to soothe it.
As you can see, there are many benefits to gain from this bassinet. The wonderful thing is that it is offered for free for 30 days. Yes, there is a 30-day risk-free trial for the product.
Many parents and even pediatricians have tried this product. It works. There are testimonies from people whose babies were terrible sleepers. After using the baby cot, their baby slept soundly.
I guess the real benefit from a product like this is two-fold. First, your baby will not be grumpy. If the baby does not get enough sleep, it is going to cry a lot, and this may have an impact on the baby’s personality.
If the baby keeps crying at night, you will also be awake. You will be awake the whole night and you will have problems concentrating on your work the following morning.
Can you just imagine the hassle this gives you?
On the other hand, if your baby gets enough sleep, he will grow into a sociable baby. You will also have enough sleep that you will have the right energy to face another day at work.
Summary: SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot Review
If you want to be high-tech, then I strongly suggest that you get the SMARTECH SNOO Smart Sleeper Baby Cot. You no longer have to rock the baby on your own, and you can program the white noise that you want.
This product is great for parents who want the best for their babies. The developers did a good job in understanding what makes babies comfortable. I highly recommend it for new parents—it takes the worries off your mind and you can also get a good night’s sleep.