Carbon emission is a hot topic today. Global warming is real, and many big companies are slowly shifting to the use of renewable energy. Although this is not perfected yet because batteries have limitations, it is far better to use electricity than gasoline or diesel.
As such, Segway launched a new way to become mobile. In this Segway Ninebot S Plus review, I will show you what it is and if there is a need to treat this product seriously.
In the end, you will be able to decide if this is a great thing to add to your mobility devices.
What is the Segway Ninebot S Plus?
The Segway Ninebot S Plus is an electric transported that is similar to the old Segway products. It is a two-wheel mobility device that has a handlebar.
The wheels are both in the same axle, so it is not exactly a scooter.
The one great thing about this product is that Segway decided to capitalize on technology. It now uses a battery, and it does have a remote control that allows you to, well, control it.
It is no longer just a mobility device—it is now a robot that you can practically “command”. Technically speaking, this product is considered a kick scooter.
Segway Ninebot S Plus Review: Product Features
Let us take a look at the features of the Segway Ninebot S Plus. In this section, I will focus on the things that it allows you to do.
- Foldable – the product is foldable, which means you do not have to leave it outside a facility. Many bikers like me have to experience robbery. If you leave a bike outside, there is a chance that someone will take it. Your only recourse is to lock it, which is another problem if you ask me.
- Great tires – the scooter has 11-inch tires that are filled with air. They are not made of cheap plastic. Because of this, you will get a smoother ride. The tire design also allows you to have stability and speed, which can take you up to 12.5 miles per hour.
- Lighting System – the scooter has an LED that allows people to see you when it is dark. It has a front light, tail light, turning light, hub light, and even a braking light.
- High-power – the device uses a high-quality motor and battery. The battery is a 329 Watt-hu Li-on. It has the power to supply the scooter with 1500 watts of energy output. Because of this, the Segway Ninebot S Plus can take you as far as 22 miles in only a single charge. The motor is also so powerful that it can climb a 15-degree slope.
- Mobile app – the device has a mobile app that allows you to check on your stats. The scooter will automatically send its battery status to your phone, and you will get a notification. This feature is important, as it allows you to charge your device at the right time.
- Waterproof – the device is not exactly waterproof, but it has a rating of IP54. This rating means it is splash-proof. This rating also means that it is protected against dust. As you know, dust can interfere with the operating mechanics of the motor and the battery. This does not mean that it is really dust-tight. As far as water is concerned, it is protected from splashes at any angle.
- Physical controller – the device has a physical controller that allows you to remotely control it. If you go shopping, you can put your grocery bag on the device. You can walk and you can remotely control the device to follow you. All it takes is a push of a button to make it come to you. If you turn on the Follow Mode, the scooter will follow you, provided that you are holding the remote control.
So far, these are the most important features of the product. What I can say is that it has gone really advanced this time. The designers have really thought this through, and the people who buy it are really in for a great surprise.
Benefits of Buying the Segway Ninebot S Plus
Why should you buy this? Let me name some benefits.
- Carbon emission – the world is suffering from too much carbon emission. As cars get cheaper and the population grows bigger, the world is also using more and more gasoline. Using a device like this to travel in small areas is better than using your car. You can use it in suburbs—your kids can use it to go to school. Even if you do not use solar power, battery-operated machines do not emit as much carbon as burning fuel.
- Save your own power – you can save your own energy if you use this. If you walk, you would be very tired by the time you get to your destination. If you have a device like this, you will find it really comfortable to ride, and you can keep your energy for later.
- Mobility – of course, the main benefit is mobility. You can use it to travel to your place of work if you are within the city. You can also use it in small communities to get around. And since it is battery-operated, you can charge it anywhere you go.
- Easy to store – it is foldable. You can carry it with you. You do not need to lock it outside any facility. If you use a bike or a real scooter that you cannot fold, people may not allow you to take them inside.
- Great for fun – both young and old people will certainly enjoy this scooter. It is like a hoverboard and a scooter both rolled into one. People can use it as a novelty item, and yet it can actually be more than that.
- Useful for business – this is a great mobility device for warehouses. If you are operating a business where you have managers and supervisors who have to do an inspection, this should motivate them to do their jobs properly instead of having them walk.
As a mobility device, I am sure that there are people who will find many other uses for this. For now, these are the main benefits that I can think of, especially so as they apply in my situation.
Summary: Segway Ninebot S Plus Review
The Segway Ninebot S Plus is a great addition to the many products of a company. This is something that I would recommend to companies that have large warehouses.
It provides great comfort to people who have to walk long distances inside a facility.
It is also great for city dwellers, as it allows people to go to places within a given area without walking. For companies that operate large resorts, they can use several of these for their customers and employees.
So, is it worth buying? In my case, it definitely is. It beats using a bicycle that can easily get robbed. This device allows me to travel to my city easily.
The best part is that it has a powerful battery, and I can even fold it and take it with me inside a library.