The new way to travel today is through a scooter. Not really for distances, but for short ones like going to your office or just going around the city.
But what scooter should you buy?
In this Segway Ninebot Kickscooter E22 review, I will help you understand what makes this scooter a premier choice. In the end, my goal is to help you make an informed decision if this is the right scooter for you.
What is the Segway Ninebot Kickscooter E22
This is an electric scooter that does not require you to “pedal” anymore. No, it is not a scooter that looks like a bicycle or a motorcycle.
It looks more like a toy, but it is not exactly a toy.
This scooter is great for riding in the city, provided that there are bike lanes in the area. It is not something that you can use on normal roads.
As an electric scooter, you just have to ride it and turn it on. It is going to move forward on its own.
The scooter uses a brushless motor, which means more power is being transferred to the wheels. It only has two wheels, and you step on the platform in the middle to balance yourself as it is running.
Features of the Segway Ninebot Kickscooter E22
Now, let us take a look at the features of the product.
- Stylish – the design is just fantastic. It comes with an integrated frame, and the finish is matte. The coating gives justice to its modern look. Right now, the color comes in greyish black. There are no other color variants as of now, but we are hoping that Segway would release new models with more colors.
- Easy ride – the scooter has shock absorbers. What this means is that you will not feel minor bumps as you use it. Thus, it gives you a pleasant riding experience. The tires are made of PU material, and the shock absorption technology took three years to develop.
- No flat tire – because the tire uses PU material, it is not like common pneumatic tires. This scooter will never have flat tires. The PU material is what solves the problem of tire leakage. The tires are nine inches in diameter, and it is proven to be better than its predecessor that used eight inches for tires.
- Long rides – the scooter was tested again and again, and it can take you as far as 6.2 miles. It uses a brushless DC motor called BDLC. It is actually an upgrade from its previous versions. This upgrade now allows you to get longer rides and have more power. The upgraded motor also gives you climbing capability. Many scooters cannot make a climb on a slope, but this one can.
- More power – I want to talk more about the engine or motor. This one has a greater riding dynamic. It can also provide better and faster acceleration. As far as hill grade and slopes are concerned, it is stronger by 15% compared to its predecessor. Just take note that this is not a motorcycle. Despite the additional power, it cannot climb steep slopes.
- Three riding modes – I like what Segway did here because riders like me have three options as far as speed is concerned. To make it faster, you just have to double-tap the controls. This scooter can go as fast as 9.3 miles per hour. The maximum it can go is 13.7 miles per hour if on cruise mode. The three modes are normal, sports, and cruise. If you are in sports mode, you can run as fast as 15.5 miles per hour. If you want this mode, you need an external battery to give it more power. This external battery is sold separately.
- LED Lamp – Segway thought that this product may be used in warehouses or large complexes like a resort. As such, they put a headlamp into it. The headlamp is equipped with a 2.5-watt LED. As such, you can use it at night and still see where you are going. No need to buy a helmet anymore.
- Smart Battery – the scooter is equipped with a smart battery system which is also referred to as BMS. This battery system went through seven years of development. 300 million batteries were produced using this system. Because of this technology, the battery can last longer, which means you do not have to keep on buying new ones. The power display is also accurate. What this means is that if it is low on juice, then the battery is really low, and you have to buy a new one.
Other features include being lightweight and foldable. You can take it to the store or stack it under your office desk if you want.
The scooter has a bell, and this will allow you to notify people that you are incoming. There is also a dual braking system.
You can brake at the front or back. The scooter also has a taillight, which makes you visible at night.
There are many other things you may be interested to know, so I am going to throw them here:
- Can accommodate 2002 pounds
- Operates in 1Hz vibration frequency, which means it is quiet
- Has patented tires that are tubeless and also have anti-skid properties
- Has electric and mechanical brakes
- Has mobile app integration
The installation or set-up is also effortless. Pretty much, it is only the seat that you have to screw once the package arrives in your house.
Yes, it has a seat that you can add or remove if you want to. Use the seat for longer rides and take it off if you are just strolling for a short ride. The product is offered at a warranty.
Why should you buy the Segway Ninebot Kickscooter E22?
I want to give you some reasons to buy this scooter.
- Electric – apart from saving you the hassle of pedaling, you will also help the environment. It uses electricity so it does not emit carbon as gasoline does.
- Good for mobility – if you live in an area where you can bike around, you can use this instead of biking. The only trouble with this is that you cannot carry stuff or load stuff on it. The only way you can carry things is by putting them on your backpack.
- Great for experience – if you are operating a theme park, then you must have many scooters like this. You can rent them out for people who just want to try them.
The scooter is also a great addition to your business if you are operating a warehouse. Your managers and inspectors can use it to perform their duties if you have a big operations area.
Summary: Segway Ninebot Kickscooter E22 Review
Overall, I will say that this is a good buy. Scooters are in demand now, and the price is worth it, considering that the maker is Segway.
What I like about it is that it is lightweight, and it is foldable. You can carry it with you instead of leaving it outside a facility.
And if you do, there is no chance someone is going to steal it while you are buying mint or candies in a convenience store.