Using you phone as a navigation system while driving is dangerous. Much more so if it is a tablet. It does not matter where you put it—it takes your eyes away from the road.
The great news is that there is an alternative—the HUDWAY Car Cast Heads-Up Display or HUD. In this HUDWAY Car Cast HUD review, I will let you know what it does, how it keeps you safe, and whether it is worth your money.
What is the HUDWAY Car Cast HUD?
The HUDWAY Car Cast HUD is a portable device that you mount on your car’s dashboard. It has a transparent screen that shows you many things, such as maps and other details about your travel that you may be interested in seeing while you drive.
It uses wireless connection to function. You can also hardwire it to your phone so it can get data. It can mirror what is on your phone screen, too.
But is this everything that it can do? Let us find out.
HUDWAY Car Cast HUD Features
Here are the features of the HUDWAY Car Cast HUD.
- Glass – the glass is a see-through glass that makes it seem like the details are in hologram. You can still see the road even if you glance at the glass.
- Speed – you can program the system to show you how fast you are going. The device can also show your average speed. What this does is that you can keep yourself in check to avoid speeding violations.
- Real-time directions – there is a visual assistant that will tell you where you need to turn. It works like Google maps or Waze, but this one has ways to get your attention before you need to make a left or right turn. This is great because you will not miss that turn.
- Phone notifications – you can connect the HUD with your phone wirelessly or via a cable. With this feature, you no longer need to glance at your phone if there is a notification. The HUDWAY glass will show you the notifications. You also have the option to turn off the notifications that do not matter, like notifications from games. You can even see notifications from text messages and other messaging app.
- Know who is calling – taking a call while driving is one of the most dangerous things you can do. It distracts you and takes your eyes off the road. With HUDWAY, you can easily reject calls you do not want to take. The glass will show who is calling, and it will allow you to reject or take the call.
- Car’s real-time data – do you want to know what is happening on your car? With this device, you can see from the glass monitor your fuel level, your voltage and engine temperature, and so much more. There are many widgets that you can choose from—select the car details that matter to you when you drive.
- Connect a camera – this device has a video input port. You can connect it with a 3rd party device. The video will come from a device, which is the camera, and the HUDWAY glass will show what is in that camera. So, how does this help? If you have a camera at the rear of your car, you can use the HUDWAY glass to show you what is behind you while you are backing up.
What I like about this device is that it can also show you other camera video output. For example, you can install a night vision camera on your dashboard, and then you can use the HUDWAY glass to display the output. You can view up to 1,500 meters ahead at night, and this will allow you to prevent collision.
Benefits of the HUDWAY Car Cas HUD
So, why should you buy it?
Here are a few reasons:
- Complete – all you need is here
- Customization – you are in control of what you see
- Updates – if there is a new software, you can update from the air or wirelessly. You do not have to buy a new device.
- Customer support – if you need help, you can speak to the customer support agents via email.
You can use it 24/7 if you want. It has a lens that you can use at night, and you will also be able to see the HUD in the morning, even under sunlight. There is no need to use a special film on your windshield. Once you buy it, you can use it with no other things needed.
HUDWAY Car Cast HUD Installation
You do not have to be a technically inclined person to understand how it works, much less so to figure out how to install it.
Here are some of the ways how you can use it:
- Hook to car – the device comes with a micro-USB cable that you connect to the device. Then, use the adapter to plug it in to your 12V lighter socket. It has a strong adhesive that you need to use to make it stick in its place. The great thing about this adhesive is that it does not leave marks even if you remove the device.
- Link your phone – the device has an app that you can download and install in your phone. From there, you can link the device and your phone together. Once this is done, you can toggle the app and your HUD device is now ready to display what is on your phone. This linking is easy—it is like pairing a Bluetooth device on your phone.
Once the connection is complete, it is up to you how you want to sync it up with other apps such as Waze or Google Maps.
Summary: HUDWAY Car Cast HUD Review
The HUDWAY Car Cast HUD is a breath of fresh air. There are so many products out there pretending to give us safety with technology, but many of these are clunky. The HUDWAY Car Cast HUD is one of a kind in the sense that it does work at a phenomenal scale.
Not only does it have a 4-core processor, but it also uses two gigabytes of ram. What this means for you is that it is fast—it uses almost the same specs as a smartphone, and this is crucial if you want to see real-time information on your car’s dashboard.