Setting up a printer on your Mac can be a daunting task if you don’t know where to start. With the right steps, it can be done fairly easily.
In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of adding your Epson printer to your Mac so that you can start printing out documents and photos in no time
How to connect Epson printer to Mac with USB?
Adding an Epson printer to a Mac is a relatively easy process. In most cases, all you have to do is update your software and then connect the printer to your computer. The printer will be detected automatically and any necessary software will be downloaded onto your Mac.
You will first need to install the ink or toner that came with your printer. To do this, follow the instructions that came with your printer. Turn on the printer and check for any errors that you will need to troubleshoot before using the printer.
To connect Epson printer to Mac:
- Connect the USB cable from the printer to your Mac.
- Make sure to download any new software and install it.
- Click on the Apple menu in the top left corner.
- Select System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Click the + button.
- Select Add Printer or Scanner and select your Epson printer from the list.
- Click Add.
If you only have a single USB-C port to connect your printer, using a multiport adapter will help with prolonging the battery life of your Mac. Simply connect the printer to the multiport adapter, then connect the USB-C cable to a power supply.
How to connect Epson printer to Mac with Wi-Fi?
If your printer and Mac are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, it might be possible for you to use the printer without having to set it up.
You can check if your printer is connected by selecting File > Print. Next select Printers or Printers & Scanners preferences, then choose your printer.
If you don’t see your printer on the list, you can add your printer by:
- Make sure you read and follow the instructions that came with your printer to connect it properly to your Wi-Fi network.
- With a Wi-Fi printer, you might need to connect your device with a USB cable in order to set up printing on the network.
- Install the Mac software that came with your printer and use its setup assistant to connect it wirelessly.
- When you’re finished setting up, disconnecting the cable from your printer and Mac should leave it connected wirelessly.
To add the printer to your available printers list:
- Select the Apple menu in the top left corner > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- Click the Add button (+) if you don’t see your printer listed on the left.
- Your printer should appear in the list after a minute or two. Click Add, then click Install. If you see an alert about needing new software, download and install this too.
- If you still can’t find your printer after trying the above steps, try adding it by its IP address.
Adding a printer to your Mac is usually a simple process, but sometimes special printer accessories must be installed for the printer to work correctly.
How to add Epson 2760 printer to Mac?
To connect your Epson 2760 to your Mac:
- First, make sure you have a wireless network that is already set up and your router is wireless. Do not connect the printer to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Follow the instructions to unpack and install ink cartridges/toners and any accessories.
- If you don’t have a CD/DVD drive on your Mac, you will need an Internet connection to download the product software. You can find the software by visiting the Epson website and clicking on the support tab. Search for your printer model and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Select Wireless Connection when you see the Select Your Connection screen.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to your router, try restarting it by turning it off and then on. If a firewall alert message shows on your screen, click Unblock or Allow to continue the setup.
Why can’t I add my Epson printer to my Mac?
If you’re noticing that your Epson printer is going offline and not connected with your Mac or IOS devices, there are several reasons why this could be happening.
- Epson printer drivers are not updated
- Weak network signals cause the printer not to be connected with Wifi network
- Mac detecting the wrong printer
- The printer is in a Sleep mode
If you’re trying to install an Epson printer on your Mac or iOS device, but get the error message check these things first.
Check if the printer is on
If you have connected your printer to your Mac and it isn’t working, there are a few things you can check. Make sure the printer is turned on and any cables are properly connected.
If your printer is turned on, then there’s a good chance that the problem lies with its connection cables or wireless range.
If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Epson printer, it could be due to wired and wireless network problems. To begin troubleshooting make sure that the USB cable connecting them both are working and replace any faulty cables.
If you’re using your printer to print wirelessly, make sure the printer is within the Wi-Fi signal range.
Printer Software drivers
The best way to ensure your printer software drivers are up-to-date and compatible with Mac or iOS devices is by visiting the Epson official website.
You can download updated drivers by searching for your specific Epson printer model.
Restart your devices
If you’re still having issues with printing or connecting to your Mac, try restarting the devices.
Why is my Mac not finding my printer?
If you’re having trouble adding your Epson printer to your Mac, it’s recommended that you update your operating system and the printer’s firmware.
How to update your Epson printer firmware in Mac OS X or macOS using Epson Software Updater?
- Click on the Applications folder, then open the Epson Software folder.
- Click on the Epson Software Updater application. If you need to download the software, you can find it here.
- Check the box next to Epson Firmware Update, then click the Install button.
- Click on Agree to continue.
- If prompted, enter your name and password.
- Double-click the Epson Firmware Updater icon to run the firmware update utility.
- Click Agree and then click on the Next.
- Click on the Start button and then OK to start the firmware update.
- Do not unplug the power cable or use the printer until the firmware update is complete.
- After the update is complete, the printer will restart automatically. If your printer has an LCD screen, it will show the home screen after the printer restarts.
How do I make my Epson printer discoverable?
Make sure you are already connected to your network and the printer is within signal range before you start the wireless setup.
To connect your Epson printer to your Wi-Fi network:
- Access the control panel menu by using the navigation keys on your Epson printer.
- Locate Network Setup or Wireless Setup Assistant.
- From the displayed list of available wireless networks, select your wireless network.
- Enter your password and select Enter.
Before you use your printer, check to make sure that you have the latest Epson printer’s driver installed. You can check if you have the updated driver by searching the Epson website for your specific model, or by checking your Library folder. If you don’t know how to find your Library folder on your Mac, we listed some quick steps below for you to follow.
Where do I find Epson printer drivers on my Mac?
The Epson printer drivers on your Mac are hidden away in the Library folder.
To see this Library folder, you will need to follow a few steps to access this folder:
- Click on the Finder icon on the Dock. You can also click anywhere on the desktop to switch to the Finder.
- While holding down the Option key, click on Go from the top menu
- Click on Library to open the Library folder.
- Double-click the Printer folder to see your printer drivers.
Why can’t I connect my Epson printer to my wireless network?
There are a few reasons why your Epson printer is not connecting to your wireless network. One reason could be a driver glitch that you can fix by downloading and installing the latest drivers for your Mac and printer. If everything else fails check your Internet connection, reset your settings, or reinstall the printer on your Mac again.