Envelopes have always been in use for formal or informal occasions. Whether you have to send a business invite or a wedding invitation, you need to make sure your envelope printing is crisp and stands out in quality.
With the advancement of technology, many printers today have replaced stamp printing on envelopes. Printers have made envelope printing super easy and steady.
While there are numerous printers out there in the market, you need to make sure you choose the one that suits your requirements. With the following list of the top-rated printers, I hope you can find the best printer for printing envelopes.
Best Printers for Printing Envelopes
1. HP OfficeJet 3830
The HP OfficeJet 3830 is an Inkjet printer; it belongs to one of the most popular brands in the printing industry.
With its impressive features and quality printing, it takes an edge over the other printers. Not only does it print, but it can also copy, scan, and can be used as a fax machine as well.
- Easy Set-up: You can easily set up the printer using HP Smart app while scanning with your phone or printing from your storage drive.
- Connectivity: You can print envelopes by giving commands through your smartphone or tablet device.
- Quite Mode: Turn on quiet mode to keep the noise low; it is an optional mode.
- Perfect Size: Measuring 17.72 x 14.33 x 8.54 in size, you can place it on your desk without consuming much space.
- Borderless Printing: Does not place margins if you want to print a whole image.
- High-Resolution: Prints with a resolution of 4800 x 1200 DPI.
- Printing Speed: Prints at a speed of 8.5 ppm black and 6ppm color.
Many people choose the HP OfficeJet 3830 for its low cost, wireless, and 35-page auto feeder option. In addition, you can subscribe for auto ink-refill; the Smart app does the job for you without any hassle.
2. Canon MX922
If you’re looking for an everyday use printer that does an excellent envelope printing job, then the Canon MX922 is your best option.
It is convenient to copy, scan, or fax several envelopes and adds facilities such as extra ink tanks that can be used when required.
- Auto-Duplex Printing: Prints on both sides of the envelope or the document automatically.
- Connectivity: Print wirelessly using Wireless LAN, smartphone, USB 2.0, Bluetooth, or Google Cloud or AirPrint.
- Inks: Uses Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Black CLI-251 XL ink tanks and PGI-250 XL or PGI-255 XXL.
- Expandable Output Tray: Expands automatically and has a separate memory card slot.
- Printing Speed: About 15 pages per minute for black and white.
- Printing Resolution: Prints at a resolution of 9600 x 2400 DPI.
- Page Auto-Feed: It auto feeds an average of 100 pages, making it super convenient to use.
Although it weighs a bit heavier than the rest, you can access the features and premium quality at a high resolution with Canon MX922.
The 5-inches touchscreen display helps to select options better and faster. This inkjet printer can be used in offices since it does not produce much noise or disturbances.
3. Canon PIXMA MG3620
Do you know that one high-quality printer is solely made for envelope printing? Canon PIXMA MG3620 is one such printer that people like as it provides quality printing at such a low cost compared to the others.
In addition, this color inkjet printer has many remarkable features.
- Printing Speed: Around 9-10 pages per minute black and 5.7 ppm color output.
- Connectivity: There are options to connect from your Smartphone, whether Apple or Android, Tablet, or USB.
- Set-up: It has an easy set-up process and does not take too long to set up.
- Auto-Duplex Printing: Automatically prints on both sides of the document without you manually flip the page.
- Supported Documents: Envelopes and paper size 4 x 6 inches and 5 x 7 inches.
- Printing Options: Google Cloud, NFC, Canon print, Airprint, Mopria.
- Size: It has a compact design and does not occupy a large space.
People have reviewed using this printer as it helps them print any graphics, photos, or text easily on the envelopes.
Moreover, the genuine Canon ink used produces crispy quality and does not smudge at all. So you can print or scan documents without any hassle and use Canon PIXMA MG3620 for home purposes.
4. Brother HL-L2350DW
Brother HL-L2350DW is a monochrome laser printer that is frequently used for envelope printing in bulk.
If you’re looking for a printer that produces competent quality at a high printing speed, then this is your best option. In addition, being a laser printer produces cost-effective results.
- Printing Speed: You can print around 32 ppm, and the toner is sufficient to produce 2800 prints, running a long way.
- Capacity: Holds up to 250 sheets that improve the speed and efficiency of the printer, making it easy to use.
- Auto-Duplex Printing: Prints automatically on both sides of the paper or envelope.
- Flexible Printing: Apart from printing envelopes, you can print card stock, papers, etc.
- Toner Save Mode: This feature is much useful as it helps prevent wasting toner to save cost.
- Toner Refill: Pay for the toner when you require it and get toners automatically again before you run out.
- Wireless & Connectivity: Connect it wirelessly from your smartphone, laptop, desktop, or tablet. It can connect to a USB as well.
With its compatible size and affordable cost, you can use Brother HL-L2350DW in institutions and offices since the printing gives off a professional look.
5. Epson EcoTank ET-2720
The Epson EcoTank ET-2720 is an all-in-one printer except for the fact that it cannot fax documents.
You can easily steer through the options with its 1.44-inch display. Being an EcoTank, it saves you the cost of ink cartridges as you’ll only need to purchase EcoFit ink bottles and refill them whenever you require.
- Efficiency: No worries about running out of ink, and use it as a quality printer or a flatbed scanner.
- Printing Speed: With one ink bottle, you can print about 4500 pages in black and 7500 pages in color, which could save you the cost of refilling 90 ink cartridges. The average monthly document printing is about 125 pages, but more for envelopes.
- Connectivity: You can connect it with your Wi-Fi on your smartphones, PC or laptop, NFC, USB, or Ethernet.
- Unique Micro Piezo Heat-Free Technology: This technology helps produce sharp and crisp printing quality while focusing on colors of graphics to make it visually appealing.
- Size: It has a compact design and does not weigh too much.
This inkjet printer is a great option for people to use in their homes or for home-based jobs as it provides good quality but does not have enough speed.
What to Consider when Purchasing a Printer for Printing Envelopes – Buying Guide
Type and Volume of Prints
If you only print black text on your envelopes, a monochrome printer is going to be better for you. If not, then definitely consider getting one that prints in color. Laser printers are the best choice if you need high-volume color prints. They can print out exponentially more pages without having to replace toner and they cost less per copy. However, prints from a laser printer won’t have a high-quality finish compared to inkjet printers.
Inkjet vs Laser
The laser vs inkjet debate has been going on for a long time. There is no best type of printer because each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Laser printers compromise quality for quantity and it’s the opposite for inkjet printers. If you will not be printing in color for your envelopes, then consider a monochrome laser printer. Laser printers are faster, use less ink, and have cheaper running costs in the long run.
When it comes to quality, inkjet printers are better. Inkjet printers require more maintenance because they use liquid ink. The ink can clog or dry out if you don’t use it frequently. However, inkjets produce brighter and more vivid colors.
Between choosing either inkjet or laser, it really comes down to your personal preference and budget. If you print a lot, it is better to choose a laser printer because you will have less maintenance to worry about and the cost of toner is also lower. We recommend an inkjet printer for printing in low volume because they can print at a higher quality and are less expensive compared to laser printer prices.
Monochrome or Color
If you’re only printing black and white, then you should just get a monochrome printer. They are faster and cheaper. Monochrome printers only use one kind of ink or toner. They are easier to maintain, and do not have many problems compared to inkjet models. Some color printers may be expensive, but you can find some that are affordable and with fast print speeds. If you don’t really need to print color, go for a monochrome printer so you don’t have to worry about purchasing multiple ink cartridges.
It’s a good idea to think about how much ink or toner you will need for your printer. It is not just the cost of the machine, but also the cost of ink(and other supplies. Find out how many pages can be printed before needing new ink or toner. This number can vary by printer model, so make sure to look it up.
Modern printers have many measurements that you need to pay attention to when buying a printer. You should look at pages per minute, dots per inch, and duty cycle. These tell how much your printer will be able to print in a given time frame, and how clear the documents are.
You need to know how well a printer connects to other devices. Most printers use USB connections but you can find some that also have Ethernet or WiFi connections too. You should also make sure it can connect with smartphones and tablets too. So that you are not restricted to printing from a desktop computer or laptop.
Summary: Best Printers for Printing Envelopes
While choosing the best printer for printing envelopes, make sure the printer is compatible with your device, supports the envelope size, and does not occupy too much space on your desk.
Each printer above displays features according to various individuals depending on their requirements. If you’re on a budget, then think twice before your purchase.
You can save up hundreds of dollars if you invest in a good printer for premium quality envelope printing.
If you’re looking to purchase it for professional tasks, consider buying the one that produces excellent results and has a high printing speed.